I can not believe how fast this summer is going. I have loved every minute of it. I need to get back on the blogging bandwagon so I can remember all the fun activities we did this summer.
One Saturday night we headed to the I-Cubs game. Thanks to Andrew's work we had some great seats right behind the home dugout. The weather was a little chilly for a June evening but all we needed was a coat. Apparently others did not approve the weather because the crowd at the game was small. There were plenty of seats in our section.
Brayden took his glove with him in case we got a foul ball. He was sitting wearing his glove for a few of the innings. It was so sweet to listen to him talk about the game. We noticed that in the 3rd inning the Cubs ended the game with an out so the catcher came back to the dugout with the ball. A young boy ran down and the catcher threw it up him. Andrew and I thought that would be fun for Brayden to catch a ball. So we continued to watch the game and after the 2nd out in the 4th inning Andrew and Brayden went down to the first row behind the dugout. Unfortunately the 3rd out came from being caught in the outfield. The players came into the dugout and the catcher saw Brayden sitting there with his glove and told him to hang on a minute. He went into the dugout and grabbed a used ball and tossed it up to Brayden. He turned around to me and showed me he had caught a ball. He was so proud when he came back to his seat. Andrew said he even told the catcher thank you for the ball.
When he got back to our seats he would not let go of that ball. He held onto it for most of the night. I asked Brayden where he got that ball and he said, "that catcher threw it to me".
That night when we got home Brayden decided to sleep with his baseball. Sure enough when he woke up the next morning Papa and Uncle Dustin were here and he decided to go get his baseball to show them and it was still in his bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment