Sunday, March 13, 2011

Funny story

For all of our faithful blog readers I must apologize for the lack of posts lately.  I recently had my first long-term sub job and on top of working everyday we were also gearing up for our state swim meet which meant long nights at the pool too.  Thankfully I am now on a much deserve Spring Break and swim team is in its last few weeks before Regionals up in Minnesota.  I was a kindergarten teacher and I tell you every night I was in bed by 9 because they wore me out. 

Anyways, onto the more important matter of this post.  I love hanging out with our every changing 2 year old and here is a perfect example why.

After church this morning we needed a few groceries so we went to HyVee and Brayden insisted we all get doughnuts so once our shopping was done we went into the HyVee diner to enjoy our doughnuts.  While we were sitting at our table we saw a police car drive by and soon a police officer came in to get some breakfast. I know you are all probably wondering if he got doughnuts so I will tell you he did not. 
When he walked past Brayden started pointing and saying "That a police officer Daddy".  

Andrew playfully joked to Brayden, "You better be a good boy or he is going to come get you."

 Brayden quickly responded with," I sorry". 

I am not sure what he was sorry for but Andrew and I just started laughing.  Anyways, on the police officers way out he had to walk past our table and he must have seen the excitement/curiosity in Brayden's eyes so he stopped at our table to say hi.

He talked to Brayden about being safe in the car and reminded him that every time he got in the car he should wear his seat belt and that Mommy and Daddy should always wear theirs too.   He asked Brayden if he wore his seat belt and he told the officer Yes.   He didn't say a whole lot more just tried to take it all in.  After the police officer left we were talking about it and Andrew asked him what did the police officer tell you to do and Brayden said,  "Wear my seat belt for me".  Coming from a kindergarten teachers perspective I am so glad to see Brayden is able to summarize and recall details from past events!

Having a 2 year old you never quite know what to expect but that is the joy of it all. 

Be on the look out for many new blog posts as a lot has happened in the past few weeks!

1 comment:

oma said...

you have to remember to put your seatbelt on all the time. great story!!! love you xoxo