Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy Anniversary

On Tuesday my Mommy and Daddy celebrated their second wedding anniversary. Mommy told me all about their wedding day and how they got all dressed up and had a big party in Algona where they both grew up. We have pictures up in our house from that day so I have seen how nice my mommy and daddy both looked. Daddy had to work that day but he came home for lunch because we got some new furniture and it was being delivered that day. What a great day for that delivery huh! It is nice and comfy. I told Mommy and Daddy I would be very careful not to spit up on it since it is new. That afternoon Daddy went back to work but we had a special visitor stop by. It was a special delivery for my mommy from a floral shop. She was very surprised to see a big bouquet of flowers that Daddy had sent to her. He doesn't have a very good memory but every year (well the last 2 anyways) he has gotten my mommy the same flowers that she had in her wedding bouquet. They are red roses and stargazer lillies. This bouquet was huge and very beautiful. That night we went out to eat to celebrate. I was even nice enough to sleep through dinner so they were able to enjoy each others company. Mommy got Daddy a funny gift. She said that on your second anniversary the gift is supposed to be cotton so she bought Daddy some new undershirts! How practical huh, but he actually was very excited about them because he said he needed some new ones! They had a wonderful anniversary and I can't wait to celebrate the next one with them. Happy Anniversary Mommy and Daddy.

Here we are enjoying the new loveseat. It was perfect for the 3 of us!



Look at Mommy's pretty flowers. When they all finally bloomed there were 12 stargazers plus 10 roses!



Daddy wanted to lay back and relax but I wanted to check out the new couch too! It was pretty comfy though!

1 comment:

The Grout Family said...

happy anniversary! the furniture does look comfy! :o)