Sunday, February 28, 2010

Anyone curious??

So the other day I posted about Andrew and Brayden being busy hanging things up for me around the house, so was anyone curious as to what they were hanging??


Last weekend I went to a craft show in Des Moines with Hannah, Steph, and Kenzie and let me just say they were great shopping assistants. Steph and Kenzie love to go and this year they invited us along. I went with one goal in mind and that was to find something for Andrew for our anniversary and I left with much more then I had anticipated. The best part was the girls were so helpful in giving me decorating advice and even offering to hold my purchases while I was busy making other ones! Thanks girls!

Anyways, back to the original idea for this post. I had seen these new signs that photographers were making by taking pictures of things in nature that look like letters and then putting them in a frame to spell something. I had seen these at the Des Moines home show we went to a month ago ( wow, I am seeing a trend) but didn't get one. So while at the craft show we found them. We picked out letters to spell Nixt and then I got it framed and gave it to Andrew for our anniversary. It turned out great!




I think this turned out great. I love the N, it is part of a railroad bridge.



I also got a couple of things for Brayden's room. Brayden's girlfriend had given him the cutest sign for his room for Christmas and Caitlin's mommy told me that they had gotten it at a craft show. It just happened that this same vendor was there again and so we found a giraffe and a monkey to hang in Brayden's room. I also got these hooks and letters to hang in Brayden's room. I won't try to describe them so instead I will just show you. We have Brayden's name up in his room and he loves to look at it and point so I thought this would be a very cute addition to his room.


Here is the finished project! I think it is the perfect addition to his jungle themed room!


Don't worry I know they weren't straight at this time. We just wanted to show Brayden.


I think Brayden approves!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a lot of fun to go to the craft show with you guys...I'm glad that Brayden likes the new things for his room. We will have to go to the craft show together again!!

oma said...

That is so cool!!!!! Your whole room is cool, Brayden. Next time you go to a craft sale take me along. I love the NIXT sign too. Neat ideas. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Nixt Family - I read your blog at least twice a week and am so enjoying every bit of it. Brayden is getting so big since I saw him last summer in Fremont. Loved the "NIXT" picture - what a great idea..Hope to see you this summer when I come for a visit. Right now I am still in VA until end of Apr. Hugs to all...."Cousin Connie"