Saturday, July 10, 2010

St. Loius Zoo

One of our other favorite attractions in St. Louis was their zoo. The zoo in itself is very large and they had tons of different animals. We were impressed with the number of animals they had. We actually went to the zoo twice because there was so much to do. The second day we went we planned on just being there for a few hours and then it turned into all day. Brayden was having such a blast. They have a great train that goes all the way around the zoo so we rode that and Brayden enjoyed it. We were able to see some of animals from the train. Brayden would wave at the animals as we went by. After we got off the train we walked around and anytime we heard the train whistle Brayden would look for the train, wave, and say choo choo. Another attraction we visited was the carousel. We got Safari passes which gave us admission to ride the carousel. Brayden likes the animals that are stationery and don't move. There was a giraffe that didn't move so that was perfect. Brayden loved his ride on the giraffe. Once we got done he walked over and wanted to get in line so Daddy took a turn going with Brayden. They were going to try to ride a tiger instead but Brayden said no and tried to climb off so they went back to our trusty friend the giraffe. Some other highlights of the trip included the penguin house, elephants, and the sea lion show. I took lots of pictures so I have tried to narrow it done to a few (20 or so) of my favorites. Enjoy a picture view of our day at the St. Lious zoo!


Boarding the Train. Where are we going to go?


A close-up view of the tigers! There were lots of tigers and they were all up and walking around.


Mama, I just saw the tigers. I love riding the train!




The penguin house.


Getting ready to ride the carousel with Mama.



Here we go!


This is so much fun. Daddy hold on to me so I don't fall off.

They had the giraffes inside so there were 3 big giraffes in their house.


Daddy, I am getting too big for this stroller. I will just hold it and help Mama push it.

I take my stroller pushing job very seriously. I hold on tight and make sure to stay close by.

Mama was working on her photo taking abilities and I have to say I think I see some improvement. She was able to catch this sea lion mid air and he jumped through a hoop.

This was the one of the other sea lion who could jump so high he would pull a chord to make a bell ring. Those sea lions are pretty talented.

They had some sea lion statues so since we had just seen the sea lion show we decided to pose by them. I was more interested in getting down and looking at the fountain though.


Mama said she wanted to have her picture taken with me too so I posed with her too.

We stopped by the souvenir shop and Daddy told me I could pick something out so I picked out this small giraffe. Mama and Daddy helped me name him Louie. I love him as the rest of the day I would give him a hug.

Some lazy hippos sun bathing.

Daddy there are some giraffes over there. Do you see them?

Lots of elephants! They were hot too so they were hiding back under some trees trying to get some shade.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the travels, zoo, museum and all. Wonderful parents, and smiling happy Brayden. GGG and GGn

oma said...

you sure love the zoo animals!!! maybe someday you will be a zoo keeper, uncle Dustin wanted to be one every time we took him to a zoo. you had a great vacation with your mom and dad. xoxo