Monday, October 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Brayden!

Welcome to the Jungle!

Yesterday Mommy and Daddy threw me a birthday party since I was turning one. They invited our families and then my Godparents. Saturday night Mommy was in a hurry to get me to bed and I didn't know why but I found out as soon as I woke up Sunday morning. She wanted me to go to bed so she and Daddy could decorate for my party.
We decided on a jungle theme for my party so one day Mommy and I went to Nobbies to look for some supplies to decorate. I showed her the one I wanted and she discussed it with Daddy. They ordered a whole bunch of stuff. They said I was so special that they wanted to make this the best 1st birthday ever! I think they did a great job. You will have to look at all of the pictures.
Sunday afternoon everyone came over to our house and we had some snacks and just mingled. I got to play so it was fun. Then we opened presents and I got some cool new big boy toys. (Thanks everyone for the presents)
After presents everyone gathered around in the kitchen to watch me eat cake. I was a little overwhelmed because everyone was staring at me. I had never had any cake before. Mommy's friend Erika, has her own business called The Chocolate Season so she made me a cake. She is so talented that she made me a cake that had a giraffe, elephant, zebra, alligator, and trees on it.

After eating cake we played for a bit with my new toys and then everyone had to go home. I really appreciate everyone coming and celebrating with me though. I had a very fun time.
Daddy went to run some errands and when he came home he brought me these! I love balloons.




This is the cake that Erika made just for me! It looks so yummy!

This is my cousin Gracie and I playing in my ball pit. Look Gracie I can stand up just like you!

This is me and My Godmother Sara. A few months ago she got married to Scott. He is really nice and I like him.

Look at this awesome cake. It has a giraffe, zebra, and a tree on it. This is all edible. How awesome.

What? You mean I can eat this? I have never had cake before.

Mommy, this green frosting is yummy. I made sure to lick it off.

I was tired so when I rubbed my eyes I got frosting and cake all over my face!

Cousins Grace and Ashleigh really liked the cake too. They even sat at my picnic table which was a perfect fit for them.

Stay tuned for more pictures from my party!

1 comment:

Erika said...

yea! what a fun party :) thanks for letting me be a part of it!