Our final day to our vacation landed us at the Minnesota state Zoo! I had never been to the zoo but Mommy and Daddy had been reading animal books so that I would be familiar with some of the animals we would see there. We started out by checking out the dolphins. Those are one of Mommy's favorites but unfortunately we just just a tad bit late and so we missed them being fed so we had to watch very carefully for them to swim by. They had their training pools open so they didn't spend much time out in the pool by the stadium. The dolphins they have are too old to do tricks so they just swim around.
After checking out the dolphins we started making our trek through the zoo on our way to the Farm. We live in Iowa so of course we were excited for the farm and they even had a cow milking demonstration! We saw monkeys, flamingos, bears and lots of other animals. We must have been there too early in the morning because a lot of the animals were sleeping. Either that or they were pretending to sleep so they could hide from all the school kids that were there on a field trip.
Once we got to the farm we were able to see that they had a petting zoo so that meant I could touch the animals. Daddy and I went in and were able to touch the goats. Mommy said she would stay outside and man the stroller but I think she was just scared. A baby goat is called a kid so that was kind of funny to see all the "kids" and real kids. Daddy held me while he pet some of the goats and so that means I got really close to the animals. Once Daddy showed me the ropes I even took a turn petting them. Mommy said I looked like I was having fun because I had a big smile on my face the whole time.
Once we got to the farm we were able to see that they had a petting zoo so that meant I could touch the animals. Daddy and I went in and were able to touch the goats. Mommy said she would stay outside and man the stroller but I think she was just scared. A baby goat is called a kid so that was kind of funny to see all the "kids" and real kids. Daddy held me while he pet some of the goats and so that means I got really close to the animals. Once Daddy showed me the ropes I even took a turn petting them. Mommy said I looked like I was having fun because I had a big smile on my face the whole time.
After the Farm we rode on a wagon that was pulled by 2 white horses! They were really big, even bigger then my Daddy! While we walked back on the trail Mommy was on the look out for the animals that are in my room like zebras, monkeys, lions, and giraffes. We weren't able to see all of them but the best part was....
Daddy and I got to feed a giraffe! A real giraffe who's head was the size of my entire body! I don't know how many of you can say you have fed a giraffe before. It was so cool. They had a Platform that overlooked where the giraffes were and we walked onto that and the giraffe was standing right there! The zoo keeper gave us crackers and when we held them the giraffe would eat them right out of your hand. It was so quick and the giraffes tongue was huge. Mommy took a video and also some pictures. They told us the giraffe is 8 years old so he was still pretty young. Mommy says she can't remember what his name was because it was hard to pronounce. Before we left the Zoo we found a picture frame with two giraffes on it and Daddy said we must get it to put in my room. It is on my bookshelf and it matches perfect.
The tigers were sick of all the kids tapping on the glass so they were sleeping!
While I was on the farm I was able to get a ride on my 1st John Deere tractor. My Great-Grandpa Norbert would be proud because Mommy said when she was little she used to get in and drive the tractors out in the field with Grandpa Norbert.
1 comment:
hey Brayden, looks like you like animals, so your room is just right for you. was daddy alittle scared of the giraffe's big tongue? you look pretty happy. love you lots oma darlene
Post a Comment