Monday, April 5, 2010

18 months ago!

Happy 18 month birthday little man!


Wow Andrew and I are blown away that Brayden is a year and a half! The time has just flown by. Brayden has been changing so much lately that I thought I better make a post of what he is up to now.


He is so much fun to be around and we love watching him learn. In the last month his vocabulary has really exploded. If you spend a day in our house you will notice a lot of repetition and it is funny to watch Brayden as he studies your mouth and then tries to repeat the word. This last weekend I was reading him a book and he said apple. Some of his other words from over the weekend include: dog, ball, purple, apple, woof, papa, oma, dus (Dustin), amimal. We went shopping this weekend and Brayden saw some statues of dogs and learned to woof. When you ask him what a dog says he woofs 3 times and shakes his head. He also meows.

ETA: When writing this post I forgot about all the words he signs. Brayden signs more, please, milk, apple, and book. We were eating applesauce and I asked him if he could sign apple. For those of you who don't know apple is like a fist that you twist back and forth next to your cheek. Brayden put his first by his ear and started twisting saying aaaple.


Brayden loves to play outside. His favorite outside toy is his lawn mower. He evens makes a vrooom noise as he pushes it around the yard. He also loves his Cozy Coup car. He usually carries a basketball in it with him as he drives. His other favorite outdoor toy is balls, whether they be basketballs, soccer balls, or footballs. He loves to play catch.


Inside Brayden loves books. He enjoys sitting in your lap and having you read to him although he is in charge of flipping the pages so if you don't read fast enough he will turn the page before you are ready. Brayden loves anything that makes noise too, but what kid doesn't.



Brayden loves to wave and blow kisses. If you mention the word bye he starts waving! Of course I can't have a post without any pictures so here you go.





No comments: