Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Park Surprises!

While we were playing at the park we saw that it looked like there was a baseball game going on so we decided to go for a walk to check out. On our walk we had to walk over a bridge and Brayden enjoyed looking at the stream below. We used this as a good photo op.











Holly: Is it safe for Brayden to stand up against the fence like that?
Andrew: Don't worry they won't fit a foul ball right here.
1 minute later: HEADS UP its over the fence. Don't worry no one was injured but you should have seen how quickly everyone turned to look for the ball.
Andrew: I guess maybe they can hit foul balls right here.


We went to a baseball game that was going on over in the park. Brayden walked right up to the fence and bent down so he could watch. When he say the pitcher pitch the ball he pointed and yelled BALL! He was excited at first but quickly got interested in something else. Brayden did wave to everyone in the stands as we walked by. It was just some interleague play with the high school team but it was still fun to watch for a bit.

On the way back on the walking trail we stopped at the pond. We enjoyed sitting and resting for a bit. Brayden loved pointing to the wawa (water).


On the way back we saw some people fishing and I jokingly said to Andrew I wonder if they are going to catch anything because I didn't think there were any fish in the pond. What do you know, as we got closer a little boy reeled in his fish. I asked if we could see it and the little boy was happy to show off his big catch. Brayden seemed to really enjoy seeing his first fish. I guess he is ready to go fishing with Cousin Caroline, although I think she catches much bigger fish! The lady even showed us a good fishing trick. If you are like me and don't really like to touch the scaly fish just bring an oven mitt and all your problems are solved :)


Our afternoon at the parked turned into much more! A walk, a baseball game, and some fishing. We love weekends when we are all able to hang out together. Brayden is learning so much and so excited about life. I love living life through the eyes of an 18 month old.

No comments: